Saturday, May 2, 2009

Blue, Police, Soccer, and Defying Gravity!

My laptop this week had the dreaded blue screen of death. It was scary. Then when I tried to turn it on again, it just kept turning off as soon as it booted up. We took it to the computer doctor and luckily it was fixed, although I lost all of my pictures. Luckily, they are still on my SD card.

We took the cub scouts to the police station for a tour this week. It was very interesting. Brady's favorite part was seeing the dispatch room with all of the computers and seeing the 911 operators waiting for the calls to come in. I learned new things about tasers (don't tase me, Bro!) and just about jumped out of my shoes when the officer turned on the siren. I wasn't expecting it! It was a good field trip and the boys had a great time.



We had 4 soccer games this week. Talk about bleacher butt! It was fun, though, and especially since my parents were in town to see all 4 of them. Unfortunately, the weather was quite chilly and we just about froze every game. I still ask, where, oh where, is spring?

Brady is awesome #9--better pictures coming soon!

And this week in the mail I got my early birthday present--2 tickets to see "Wicked" in Denver in October. Since my birthday is in October, it is the best present ever! We saw "Wicked" 2 years ago and I can't wait to see it again! Buell Theater, here I come!!!


3 comments:

Sharon said...

I remember the days of soccer games in the snow. I certainly don't miss it. Of course, the we can't afford the HIGH cost of sports around here, but our worry is more "trying not to melt in the heat" than "trying not to freeze".

Steve and I saw Wicked a couple years ago and we both LOVED it. I can't wait until it comes back.

Lynie said...

I heard about your reaction to the sirens. Brendan thought it was pretty funny how much you jumped!

Can I go with you to Wicked? I would love to see it.

JoAnn Arnold said...

Wicked!! We got to see it when we went back to NY with Cory and his family. I want to go with you. It's worth seeing twice or three times, etc.

Enjoyed the pictures of the boys and the soccor game, and the scary siren house with the scouts. Did they jump too?

fun week your had.