Monday, April 27, 2009

Oh, Mason!

I find myself saying these two words over and over again: "Oh, Mason!" If I live through the terrible twos with this child, it will be a miracle!

Here are three examples from this week:
  • He decided to make the wall above his crib into a "masterpiece" with a red sharpie! Notice the guilty look on his face. My Mr. Clean Magic Eraser took care of the sharpie, but it also took off the paint. Thank goodness we had some extra paint and it was easily fixed.




  • He discovered his 72 hour kit this week. It has a little pouch where there is a whistle and some matches. One day he got into the pouch and got into the whistle and matches. I made him put them back and then we went on our merry way through the day. Later, at a soccer game, he reaches into the pocket of his pants and pulls out the box of matches and then manages to dump them out all over the grass. This picture is of him on our deck on a different day. What is it with him and the matches? I am getting worried!



  • He got into the refrigerator and I heard a crash--eggs everywhere. He was pretty proud of himself and kept saying, "I did it, I did it!"


I guess having such a busy boy will either be the death of me or keep me young! Oh, Mason!

2 comments:

Brenny said...

oh MAN! I can just imagine you at the soccer game looking over at him dumping them on the ground and then explaining to the other parents that you really don't let your child play with matches. Classic. What a kid. Good thing he's cute.

Lynie said...

I would take the matches away now!!!! Tyler almost set our garage on fire two years ago. But boys have this thing with fire...best of luck.