We finally got to leave town and actually had great weather! We headed south to see my parents for Easter. All of us were together for the weekend and it was a lot of fun. We left town Friday after school was dismissed early. Mason cried/whined the whole trip except for the little nap he had. He kept crying and saying "my bum hurts." He does that sometimes and usually a little apple juice will help out, if you know what I mean. Well, we were wrong this time and he had several (and I do mean several--Kwin said he changed 150 diapers that night--HAHA) nasty diapers. But Saturday he was fine.
Saturday morning we loaded up and drove to Riverside for their Easter Egg Hunt. Mason really got into it and Tyler was his big helper. Thanks, Tyler! It is so awesome having a big brother like that to help out!
That afternoon we headed to the hot pool. It was too hot for most of us, but Tyler and Brady and Kwin all got in and had a good time. After that, it was time for another Easter egg hunt in the back yard. This is keeping with family tradition--when I was a kid, we always had an egg hunt put on by my Grandma. My mom and Karin put it on this year and I think they hid and re-hid the eggs and candy about 4 times! All of the cousins had a good time with that.
Saturday night we went to the baby blessing of the 8th Bartlett grandson--Griffin. That was a nice time with family. I wonder if my parents will ever get a granddaughter........
Sunday we had a nice time at church with the family and then had a lovely Easter dinner with everyone before we headed for home. Our return trip was uneventful except for the sage chicken who met his demise at the grill of our van. I hate that "THUD"--it makes my stomach crawl. Kwin said there was a big explosion of feathers. I opted to close my eyes on impact. ICK! Luckily there was no evidence of the incident. I had visions of a bloody feathery mess!
It was a great weekend with family! I took pictures of everything to post on my blog, and unfortunately, one of my children, who shall remain nameless, but his initials are Tyler, has misplaced my camera. He was in charge of getting it to the van for the return trip and now it is nowhere to be found. If I find it, I will post the pics at a later date.
2 comments:
You make me laugh. I love the paragraph on hitting the sage chicken -- so funny! It sounds like you had a great weekend. Easter with family is the best.
I read about Mr. Woodpecker -- I wish I had something to tell you, but we have one, too, who beats on our chimney. If you find out anything good for getting him to go on his way let us know!
Oh, yes, the thumb sound that goes along with hitting an sage chicken, a dog, or a deer, leaves you with a unknown virusy type of stomach discomfort for a long time.
So glad you had a fun easter weekend, and hope you find your camera to prove it to us who will be waiting for the pictures.
Post a Comment