This has been a week of medical appointments, drugs (the legal kind), sleepless nights, scout cookouts, soccer games, more drugs. . . It started last Saturday with Mason running fevers and being really clingy. We were supposed to go to Gillette for the adult session of Stake Conference, but I did not want to take him in the car if he was sick and miserable. So Kwin went and the rest of us stayed home. Sunday was much of the same. We did go to church, but he was still having the fevers once in a while and was very miserable much of the time. Monday morning I noticed him tugging at his right ear, so I got him in right away. Sure enough, he had a TERRIBLE ear infection in that ear and also an infection in the other ear that wasn't as severe. They gave him a shot of antibiotics right then and there. He was feeling better that night.
Monday night we had a cookout at our house (sorry, no pictures--I was a bad girl) with the cub scouts, or more specifically, my Wolf group. One of their achievements is to cook an outdoor meal for their families, so the 3 boys grilled hot dogs and hamburgers for 20 people! It was a lot of fun.
Tuesday and Wednesday we had soccer games. Life is busy for the next couple of weeks! Both boys played great. Tyler's team lost a nail biter and Brady scored the winning goal for his team.
Wednesday Mason had a follow-up appointment and his ears looked better, but not 100%, so he got another terrible shot and hopefully now he is cured! Also on Wednesday I started to get a little bit of a sore throat, but by that night, I knew I was sick. I had a terrible night, body aches, fevers, etc. I got myself right to the doctor Thursday morning and left with a lovely diagnosis of strep throat. UGH. I hate that, but at least it is cured easily with the miracle of penicillin. I spent Thursday in bed napping/resting and went back to normal activities Friday.
Monday night we had a cookout at our house (sorry, no pictures--I was a bad girl) with the cub scouts, or more specifically, my Wolf group. One of their achievements is to cook an outdoor meal for their families, so the 3 boys grilled hot dogs and hamburgers for 20 people! It was a lot of fun.
Tuesday and Wednesday we had soccer games. Life is busy for the next couple of weeks! Both boys played great. Tyler's team lost a nail biter and Brady scored the winning goal for his team.
Wednesday Mason had a follow-up appointment and his ears looked better, but not 100%, so he got another terrible shot and hopefully now he is cured! Also on Wednesday I started to get a little bit of a sore throat, but by that night, I knew I was sick. I had a terrible night, body aches, fevers, etc. I got myself right to the doctor Thursday morning and left with a lovely diagnosis of strep throat. UGH. I hate that, but at least it is cured easily with the miracle of penicillin. I spent Thursday in bed napping/resting and went back to normal activities Friday.
This is the lovely streptococcus pyogenes bacteria that was NOT my friend this week!
We're hoping that this next week will be illness and drug free!
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun week... Well, minus the doctor's visits.
I was happy to read that you were feeling ill on Wednesday, wait that doesn't sound nice. What I mean is I thought at the dinner you were either really upset or very mad at me. Now I know you were just miserable being there. Hope you are better.
Post a Comment