
It has been 11 weeks since you came into my life. You have meant more to me these last few months than I can even express. When you first came to be with me, I was so dependent on you. The crutches and I did not get along at all. You wheeled in to save the day. From helping me to get around the house, to helping me get back to work, and helping me get around the church...I can never thank you enough! You were so patient as you were folded up time and time again and hauled down the stairs, thrown into the back of the van....never a cross word about the abuse.
These past 7 weeks I have been less dependent on you, but you have always been there for me. When I could bear no weight on my foot without my walking boot, you were there to help me in and out of the shower. You never complained, but fulfilled your duties so loyally.
This morning, I got in and out of the shower without you for the first time. I guess that means that it is time for me to move on. I will always remember how you helped me when I needed you so much. Farewell, dear friend. Although I hope we never meet again, I will always remember you with fondness, and hope you will be as valuable to someone else as you have been to me! Adieu.
1 comment:
You have the best blog! This almost made me cry.
Post a Comment