- Whoever invented the toilet seat extender is my hero! I could not have survived the last couple of months without it! (Or my walker! I'm happy to say I don't need to use it much anymore!) It is amazing to me what a difference a mere 5 inches makes. I now look for the handicapped stall in public bathrooms. They are not quite as high as my beloved toilet seat extender, but they are helpful. The few times I have had to use a "normal" height toilet, it felt like I was falling into a black abyss. It's all perspective, I guess.
- I picked Duke to win the NCAA championship in my bracket. I can't believe I did that. I am not a Duke fan by any means. Kwin and I have a contest every year with our brackets. I think last year I was the big winner. And yet, I failed to collect on a prize. Hmmmm......... This year Kwin beat me, so I guess we're even.
- I love Bryce Neubert. If you know who Bryce Neubert is, you should win a prize. When I was a teenager, I was head over heels in love with this guy. He is a singer, for those of you who don't know. I stalked this man. Seriously. I think I wrote him a letter and actually mailed it. Once when I went to Utah to visit my cousins, we looked up his address and drove by his house. Several times! And my cousin Angie called his house and claimed to be me. Ah, Bryce. Those were good days. I dug his CD out on Sunday and listened to his music (from the 80's). He still can sing me to sleep any day!
- I love math. I always have. Give me a math problem and I am one happy camper. I love story problems, graphing equations, solving for x, fractions.....if it has to do with math, it makes me smile! Tyler has not liked math for much of his school career. It baffles me. Where did I go wrong? This year he got off to a rough start. I started working with him every night and every day when I dropped him off at school, I made him say, "I love math." Guess what? It worked. Well, sort of. He doesn't dread it any more. And math was his highest grade for the 3rd term--an A!!!
4x + y = 12

2 comments:
I loved Bryce, too!!! Apparently not to the extent that you did. :-)
And, I'm not really a fan of math, but my kids luckily didn't pick that up. They all do really well in math. In fact, Andrew's in Algebra I this year (I took that my Sophomore or Junior year of HS) and I think he's gotten all A's so far...if not, he's never gotten less than a B. Sami and Andrew both had the math TAKS yesterday and they both said it was easy. That's definitely not something I ever said about a standardized test!
I have been a little MIA in the blogging world and had quite a bit to catch up on! Holy cow, you have been busy -- stopped using the wheelchair, got a mammmogram...
I like math, too. I'm glad Tyler has grown to appreciate it. Having someone who loves a subject help teach and encourage you through it makes all the difference. Yay! for Kristen, the wonderful math mom!
Post a Comment