
I've been helping Tyler prepare a vocal solo for district festival, which will take place this week. The solo he chose to sing for festival is an Italian aria called "Nina." He will sing it in Italian. We were doing some research on the internet on pronunciation of the words and came across an audio recording of Pavarotti singing the same song. Wow, amazing! It brought to my mind one of my favorite quotes, which is from Pavarotti. He said "a life in music is a life beautifully spent." I spent quite a bit of time that evening listening to different recordings or videos of Pavarotti singing famous arias, etc. What an amazing talent he had. I am becoming obsessed with his music!
We are so blessed to have music in our home. I am forever grateful to my parents for letting me take piano lessons and for making me stick it out when I was a dumb teenager who wanted to quit. Today, playing the piano is just about my favorite thing to do! I love my piano and play it every single day! I love it when my boys sit and play their songs. Even Mason gets into it and will play a few notes and then clap for himself. It is fun to gather around the piano and sing together as a family.
I agree with Pavarotti--a life in music is indeed a life beautifully spent!
No comments:
Post a Comment